A couple of years ago I bought a huge job lot of expired B&W film from the eBay. I'd shot a lot of it back in 2010 but never got around to processing any of it. Recently, I dug out the darkroom kit I've had sitting in my closet and started processing the film myself, rather than send it off to a lab. I have everything here I need to do it, so why not?
Its actually pretty fun. I've been using the Massive Dev app to help me with timings and its working pretty well. The hardest part is actually working out what camera I took the photos on and when on earth I actually took them. I guess these are from around April 2010, when I was into painting owls, had a ridiculous fringe and went to a drawing club at the Hunterian Museum.
This is actually my second at-home processed film. Sadly the first one, while the processing itself was FLAWLESS, had my big 'ol finger in the bottom of every shot because it was a test roll I ran through an old Brownie Coronet and forgot that my finger can creep up in there. Woops.

I have about 20 or so films left to process and am looking forward to what I find. I don't have a huge amount of experience shooting with B&W and I'm interested to see what I've messed up/magically got right over the years. Fun times!

In other news: I'm still trying to sell the rest of my dark-room kit on Gumtree, and have a Holga kit for sale as well. Please get in touch if you are interested in either.

No comments:

Post a Comment