Being poorly does mean I've done a lot of reading of the internet though so here are a few things I noticed this week and wanted to share.
- Some beautiful wings and their stories
- I spent a whole afternoon lost in the Guided by Cereal page, and they are summarised perfectly over on Miss Moss.
- I guess being stuck at home leads to wanderlust, I also enjoyed this guide to LA over on Old Brand New.
- Sophie posted loads of good stuff in general in January, her round up is over here
- Lipsy and I did a bit of a rant on her blog about Divergent.
- I've been enjoying Polar Week over on the Atlas Obscura twitter
And the bad -
We were already pretty wound up about Sochi starting next week, but I feel like when humans are in the line of fire, at least they have the voices to fight back (it is awesome). But between these two news stories I am totally mixed up over the Winter Olympics this year. I'm generally a pretty huge fan, but this year I am just torn. How is everyone else on this subject? I really want to watch the actual events and generally get behind the Jamaican bob sled team you guys (if I don't get my fix of curling every 4 years I'm not sure what will happen) but killing dogs, the ban on homosexuality and my mind is boggled by the whole orca fiasco.
I just don't know what to do.
Posted by dianne tanner dot co dot uk at Saturday, February 01, 2014